Making eating healthy on a budget easier than ever.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Lacto Fermented Pickles

The Beauty Detox Solution advocates eating a "probiotic and enzyme salad" every evening with dinner to promote the growth of good bacteria in your gut, the bacteria you need for proper digestion. This salad is essentially home-made sauerkraut. I don't particularly care for sauerkraut, but I do like pickles. So, I am replacing the sauerkraut with 4 to 5 slices of lacto fermented pickles before dinner every night. (I make pickle chips, not pickle spears). Important: most grocery store pickles do not have the healthy bacteria in them any more, so you have to make your own.

I am not an expert pickle maker, but I will share with y'all one of the recipes I follow for the pickles. These do take time to make, but I think they are so worth it.

Here is a link to the recipe I follow .


No comments:

Post a Comment