Making eating healthy on a budget easier than ever.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Week 1 Food Cost: $55

My first week's food cost is $55. This is actually only for 6 days ($4.58 per person per day) because we will be out of town to visit my brother's family on Friday.

Here is our menu for the week.
Saturday and Sunday lunch: french toast, eggs, bacon
Saturday and Sunday dinner: vegetarian street tacos (potato and zucchini) with cheese (leftover from last week) and black beans

Husband Breakfast: toast, peanut butter, banana (left from last week), milk
Husband Lunch: Roast beef sandwiches, small salad

Weeknight Dinners:
1. Roasted vegetables, polenta, black beans
2. Curried quinoa and vegetables
3. Squash, spinach, and sage riostto
4. Leftover Smorgasbord

For my breakfast and lunch this week, I am taking advantage of Subway's buy one sandwich, get one free. I will spend $4 per day on a breakfast and lunch sandwich. This $16 cost is added into my total food cost for this week.

Grocery list:
Milk
Eggs
Dried figs (snack)
Peanut butter
Parmesan cheese
Barley
Corn meal
Can black beans
Fresh sage
Cubed squash
Red cabbage head
Cauliflower head
2 bunches of kale (my husband loves sauteed kale as a snack)
Red bell pepper
2 potatoes
4 zucchinis 
Bacon
French bread
Roast Beef


No comments:

Post a Comment