Making eating healthy on a budget easier than ever.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pasta with Tomatoes and Pesto Sauce

I make this for dinner when I am at a loss for what to make. It's rare that I don't have pasta in the pantry and tomatoes in the fridge that I need to use. If I don't have pesto, sometimes I make a lemon butter sauce by melting some butter and adding some lemon juice to go with it. If you want to make it healthier, you could also add some frozen spinach when you cook the tomatoes.

Ingredients:
1 pound of pasta
2 to 4 tomatoes, diced
1 jar of pesto sauce
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper

Serves 4

Set a pot of water on high heat to boil. Add your pasta and cook according to package directions.

In a pan, add some olive oil, the diced tomatoes, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes and cook until the tomatoes release their aroma and get soft.

Top pasta with tomatoes and some jarred pesto sauce. It doesn't get any easier!




No comments:

Post a Comment