Making eating healthy on a budget easier than ever.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Recipe: Make Ahead Breakfast Burrito

I gave in to temptation when running late for work this week, and pulled into 7-11 to buy one of their delicious breakfast burritos. Now, I am craving breakfast burritos for breakfast. While I think that most people, including myself, always have the best intentions of a luxurious morning routine that includes eating breakfast at home, I have a hard time waking up before the sun in the Winter months to do this. So, I decided I would make all my breakfast burritos for the week on Sunday, and then grab them before I leave and eat them at work.

Ingredients:
10 eggs
milk
2 large potatoes, chopped into small pieces
10 tortillas
1/2 bag of shredded cheese 

Makes 10 burritos

Pan fry the potatoes in a skillet with a little bit of oil and salt and pepper over medium high heat. Cook until they are crispy.

Meanwhile, beat your eggs with a splash of milk and salt and pepper. I like using milk in my scrambled eggs because it makes them go further. Scramble your eggs, stopping while they are still wet.

Lay out your tortillas, and fill each one with some of the eggs and the potatoes. Top with some shredded cheese. Roll up your burritos.

WAIT FOR THEM TO COOL COMPLETELY and then put into separate ziplock baggies. (If they are warm, they will get soggy in the baggie). Place the burritos in your freezer.

When it comes time to eat them, wrap them in a paper towel and pop them in the microwave for approximately one and a half minutes, flipping the burrito over half way through. Depending on your microwave, they may need to be heated longer or shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment